Terms and Conditions
- These terms apply to the entire content of this website (the “website”). If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this website. These terms are updated from time to time and any changes will be effective immediately on being set out here. Please ensure you are aware of the current terms. Your continued use of the website indicates your agreement to all such revised website terms.
- Unless otherwise indicated, this website and its contents are the property of the RISING partners: Coventry University, Coventry City Council and Coventry Cathedral (“RISING”). The RISING administrative offices are at the Centre for Trust, Peace and Social Relations, 5 Innovation Village, Cheetah Road, Coventry CV1 2TL. The copyright in the material contained on this website belongs to RISING or its licensors. Any trademarks appearing on this website are protected by the laws of England and by international trademark laws.
- Ticket sales are handled by Coventry University through Eventsforce and Worldpay and are subject to additional terms and conditions which ticket purchasers are required to read and accept during the ticket purchasing process.
- RISING 16 is exclusively for ticket holders and tickets must be purchased in advance via the RISING website.
- Tickets are not transferable and must be valid for the morning, afternoon, or day(s) of attendance.
- 1 day and 2 day tickets include lunch and refreshments for the day(s) booked; however travel, overnight accommodation, the gala dinner, and evening meals/entertainment are not included unless otherwise specified.
- Half day tickets include refreshments, however lunch, travel, overnight accommodation, the gala dinner, and evening meals/entertainment are not included unless otherwise specified.
- The programme includes some parallel sessions which are held in venues with limited capacity. You will be asked to select your preferred session prior to the event; participants who choose not to pre-book, or who book after their preferred session is full, will be invited to attend sessions with available capacity on a first-come, first-served basis.
- RISING 16 gala dinner is exclusively for ticket holders and tickets must be purchased in advance via the RISING website.
- The gala dinner is not included in RISING 16 tickets unless added as an optional extra at time of purchase.
- Tickets are not transferable and must be valid for the gala dinner.
- RISING FREE is free of charge and open to all; pre-booking is not required.
- RISING will use all reasonable endeavours to deliver events in accordance with the descriptions set out in the website. However, RISING reserves the right to make changes to the contents, programming and methods of delivery, without notice. If RISING must cancel any session, all reasonable efforts will be made to provide a suitable alternative. Should circumstances beyond RISING’s control interfere with its ability to deliver events as planned, RISING undertakes to use all reasonable steps to minimise any resultant disruption to the events and participants.
Submitting information to the website
- Persons submitting material other than RISING information to this website are solely responsible for the material and for any claims relating to its content, whether made against RISING or otherwise. Whilst RISING does not exercise editorial control over any content posted to the website by users, it reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove any content which it has been notified is objectionable, whether or not the objection is substantiated, and otherwise to review, edit or delete any comments posted by users which it deems defamatory, unlawful, threatening or otherwise objectionable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and to the extent permitted in law, RISING accepts no responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties via the website.
- Subject to the above, those gaining access to this website are authorised to make use of the website (and of any chat rooms and interactive facilities which are available through it) for any lawful purposes. The following is a non-exclusive list of uses which are expressly prohibited:
- using the website to commit or encourage unlawful acts, including unlawful copying of copyright material;
- misrepresenting the user’s identity or authority;
- distributing any type of virus, spyware or other device intended to cause nuisance, loss or corruption of any information on the website or accessed through it, or of any systems used to operate the website or any systems accessed through it;
- tampering with communications which are not the user’s, or making any alteration to any information on the website;
- accessing or attempting to access other parties’ user accounts;
- hacking or attempting to hack any part of the website, or any system used to run it, or any system accessed through the website;
- disrupting the flow of communications in interactive areas;
- storing personal data derived from the website;
- posting material which:
- infringes intellectual property rights;
- defames or threatens other people or organisations;
- is offensive, obscene or hateful, or which other users of the website are likely to consider offensive, obscene or hateful.
- RISING reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove, or disable access to, any material which it deems to be potentially objectionable to or defamatory of any person, unlawful, threatening or in violation of any third-party rights or any other part of these Website Terms.
- Use of our site by staff of RISING is also subject to the rules and provisions set out in the applicable codes of conduct, disciplinary procedures and codes of discipline.
- RISING will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any material published, displayed or submitted to the website by any third party and to the fullest extent permitted in law, expressly excludes its liability for any loss or damage arising from the communication of such material through the website. By submitting any material to the website, unless otherwise expressly agreed, you agree to grant RISING an irrevocable, free of charge, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual licence to use such material for any purpose.
Linking to our website
- You may link to material on our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. RISING reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, RISING regularly reviews the contents of the site, which is subject to change from time to time. RISING makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the material or the website and disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance by you on the website and the material. It is the responsibility of all visitors to this site to verify the accuracy of all relevant facts before entering into any financial or other commitment based upon them.
- Nothing on this website constitutes any part of a contract unless otherwise expressly stated.
- This website contains links to many external websites which are not affiliated with RISING. RISING is not responsible for and has no control over these sites, and links to external sites should not be taken as a recommendation or endorsement of the external site’s information, products or services.
- Every effort is made to ensure downloadable content is free from viruses, spyware or other malware but RISING accepts no liability for damages resulting from virus infection.
- While RISING tries to make this website available 24 hours a day, it reserves the right to suspend or withdraw access, without notice, to either the whole or part of the website, for any reason.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, opinions given on this website are those of the individuals making them, and not those of RISING; RISING is not responsible for such opinions or any claims resulting from them.
- In no circumstances, to the fullest extent permitted at law, shall RISING nor any of its officers or employees be liable for any loss, additional costs or damage howsoever arising suffered as a result of any use of this website or the information, content, or products. Nothing will limit RISING’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms are governed by English law, and the Courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to them.
- If any of these terms is found to be illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the term(s) in question will be severed; but the remaining terms will continue in force.
- No waiver of any term shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Nothing in these Website Terms shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions.